Once you have decided to go for a teeth whitening treatment, there are several things you need to keep in mind, during the treatment, and after the treatment.
During the Whitening Treatment
To get the best results possible, you need to ensure a few things.
- After completing a teeth whitening application, do not eat or drink (except water) for 30 minutes.
- Abstain from eating dark-colored foods for 12 hours.
- Teeth whitening application done before bedtime is the best time to do it. This ensures you get the best results possible.
- During the teeth whitening applications, aim to avoid staining foods and drinks such as tea, coffee, red wine, soft drinks, beetroot, chocolates, tomatoes, and red sauces.
- Instead, eat foods like white rice, white pasta, chicken, turkey, potatoes, and bananas.
- It is difficult to completely avoid eating/drinking colored foods and beverages, so what you can do is swish your mouth with water after their consumption.
After Teeth Whitening Treatment
You just got done with the teeth whitening process and you’re feeling happy and satisfied with your newly whitened teeth.
But there is also a worry. You want to now maintain the newly whitened teeth. So, here are 4 important pointers:
Quality Toothpaste and Toothbrush
You need to use quality toothpaste which will maintain your teeth in good health. Also, dentists recommend using a small-headed, soft-bristled toothbrush because of its ability to reach all areas of your teeth for proper cleaning.
Limit the consumption of Acidic Foods
Acidic foods wear away the enamel that protects your teeth which leads to discoloration. And, that is why you should try to limit their consumption.
Here are a few examples of highly acidic foods:
- Tomatoes and tomato sauce
- Citrus fruits
Cut down on Smoking
Heavy smoking is bad for your health. It is also not good for your newly whitened teeth. If you have tried to quit smoking, but failed, it is okay. You can try to cut down on it as tobacco stains your teeth so it’s no good to continue smoking heavily.
Teeth Whitening Maintenance Application
To keep the stains away, one teeth whitening maintenance application is required every 2 weeks. There is also a ‘whitening pen’ which can be used for quick touch-ups, and can be quite convenient because of its small design.
By following the above tips, you will be able to maintain the condition of your newly whitened teeth. Keep smiling!
If you’re seeking more information on teeth whitening, feel free to check out Teeth Whitening Perth – a one-stop site for all your teeth whitening needs!